Soudafoam FR HY Fire-rated PU Foam
Soudafoam FR HY is a single-component, self-expanding, ready-to-use polyurethane foam which has a fire rating of up to 240 minutes in certain configurations according to EN 1366-4. It uses CFC-free propellants that are completely harmless to the ozone layer. Every can comes with a straw adapter for quick, simple, and convenient application to fill gaps, cavities, and joints. With its high-yield formulation and an expansion value of 30 to 40x, each 750 ml can of Soudafoam FR HY can be expected to create up to 34 litres of cured, fire-resistant foam.
- Fire-rated up to 4 hours
- Prevents the passage of smoke and gas through a joint
- Excellent adhesion on most substrates (except PTFE, PP, and PE)
- High thermal and acoustical insulation
- Very good filling capacities
750 ml pressurised aerosol can, 12 cans / box
- Fire-rated for up to 4 hours to achieve passive fire protection through compartmentalization
- Prevents the spread of fire, heat, smoke, and gases through a joint
- High yield formulation to achieve large running metres and filling capacities
- Includes straw applicator for fuss-free and simple applications
- Self-expanding to easily fill up large gaps and cavities
- Open-cell technology for faster curing times, better insulation, and higher strength
- Excellent dimensional stability means no excessive curing and post-expansion pressure
- Will not shrink or collapse
- Can even be used as an insulating adhesive for mounting and bonding
- Superb shelf-life with little degradation of performance after storage
- Made in Belgium by the one of the world’s largest PU foam manufacturers
- Installation of fireproof doors
- Installation of fireproof windows
- Fire and smoke retardant sealings of connections between partition walls, floors, and ceilings
- Installation of fire-rated boards and other fire-rated materials
- Any filling, bonding, or mounting application requiring fire-retardant characteristics or a fire-rated product, such as:
- Sealing of all openings in roof constructions
- Sealing of cable and pipe penetrations
- Creation of a sound-proof screen
- Bonding of insulation materials
- Application of sound-deadening layers
- Improving thermal insulation in cold store areas
- Always shake the can aggressively before application
- Spraying a fine mist of water on the substrate may promote adhesion and cell structure
- Attach the included straw applicator on the foam nozzle firmly
- Turn the can upside down to extrude the foam
- Fill gap up to 50% – 70%, and allow for self-expanding properties to fill the rest
- Allow foam roughly 3 hours to expand and cure
- Cut away excess foam from the joint if necessary
- It is necessary to allow the PU foam to cure for at least a month before it can achieve fire-resistant properties
- Soudal PU foams can be stored up to 18 months in unopened packaging in a cool, dry storage place with temperatures between 5 to 25C.
- Always store can with the valve pointed upwards.
- Always use safety goggles and gloves when using PU foam.
- PU foams are highly flammable. Do not smoke or have any source of fire near during application.
- For the full list of precautions, please consult the Technical Data Sheets and Material Safety Data Sheets as provided.